Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Chosen Few

In our lifetimes we are lucky when we meet the chosen few who appear to stand out like no one else. While I know my best friend isn't perfect, and is just like anyone else, he is perfect to me.

I met Steve when I was 16. Like any other 16 year old I was going though a challenging period in my life. I didn't know who I was or where my life was going to go. I met Steve not a moment too soon. He has been there for me through more crisis than I care to remember. He has been there through every breakup, reconciliation and joyful moment.

All too often I take for granted that he is there when I have a bad day. But he is always there. Sometimes I call not to vent, not to ask for advice or anything else, but just to hear his voice. Even though I love my mom and her wisdom, there is just something about hearing Steve on the phone; he is like that blanket you carried around for security when you were a kid.

Every now and then I make sure to thank him, because I don't know who I would be today if it hadn't been for him kicking my ass to stay in school, or being there the first time I had my heart broken.

Through the years I have had to explain too many people, that it is infact possible for a guy and girl to be friends and not have a romantic interest in one another. And the proof is in the best friendship I have ever known.

Thanks Steve for the best friend a girl could ever ask for. I love you dearly man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers